Friday, August 5, 2016

Closet Shots & Striped Shirts

I've been working hard on my wardrobe.  Making conscious choices about clothes from how they fit to the best colors.  Here's a shot of most of my wardrobe.


I've never met a striped shirt I didn't like.  

Apparently, I am not the only person who has this issue.  Behold a shot from a closet in South Africa.


                               last week i posted this photo on Instagram without even thinking twice, which resulted in an unprecedented number of comments of women left and right chiming in that they, too, had this particular problem. i mean – we basically all want to look like French mimes, right? these aren’t even all the striped shirts i own you guys. …:


I would say yes and yes and yes and yes to all of these:


Casual Stripes:     Elbow Patch Striped Long Sleeve Tee


Utility, Stripes and Cognac • BrightonTheDay:      autumn classic #sperry:

The original striped shirt was called a Breton and it had exactly 21 stripes on it that was a numerical totem that showed Napoleon's militant victories.  (I am totally not making this up).  Worn mostly by the French Navy in the mid 1800s, it became mainstream in 1917 by non other than Coco Chanel.

And we haven't looked back since.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment