Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Boots For Fall

I know fall doesn't technically start until September 22, but as soon as September 1st rolls around, that should be the official start of fall.  Boot season here I come!

I rounded up a few fun options for you to get you through fall and winter.

1.  Dublin Boots
Image result for dublin turndown boots   
            Turn Down                                      River Boot

Both boots fall under the equestrian category of which I had no idea even existed.  I own the Dublin Turn Down boots and love them.  They have a shearling lining of which I am sure I will be thankful for when the weather dips below zero.  And even though I am super tempted by the River boots, I am holding for now.  If you think the River boots look a little too orange, you can totally change that depending on the type of leather boot conditioner you use.  I'd recommend making them go a little darker than pictured.

2.  Dune London Motorcycle Boot
Image result for Dune London Women's Pardew D Motorcycle Boot   Image result for Dune London Women's Pardew D Motorcycle Boot
Front                                             Back

I bought these boots on Amazon.  I wanted something that would work with skinny jeans and under my not-skinny jeans.  These are totally perfect.  I ordered a size 9 because they don't have half sizes. Typically I would order a 9.5 to accommodate a bunion and the 9 was a perfect fit.  These are also lined in shearling and are leather.

3. Hunter Wellingtons
Image result for hunter wellington boots
The world loves Hunters and I am right there with them.  I own a red pair that I bought for a trip to Ireland, and this summer have used them for farm chores, but I am super excited to use them with fall leggings and dresses.  Pick a color, any color!  If you live in a cold climate do.not.size.down.  You will see that recommendation a lot but if you are going to be using them in slush and snow they are terrible insulators and you will want to pair them with warm socks.

4.  Sorel Joan of Arctic
Image result for sorel joan of arctic
I love my Joan of Arctic boots.  Living in a climate that seems to be winter for 6 months out of the year, these are so great for snow and more snow.  They make every outfit look better but really you're just keeping your toes warm!  These run big, I actually own a size 8 (down a size) however I have the wimpiest feet in the world and don't use these for extreme snow situations like winter camping and sledding, if you will be using these for serious winter stuff I'd probably still size up a half or so to accommodate wool socks.  These are the boots I use for all my serious winter recreation.  (They are the ugliest boots ever, meant for Arctic exploring-seriously!  And ranked to -150F)


5.  Leopard Print Boot
Ariat Astor
The only boot on this list that I don't have.  Leopard print has been on my wish list for a while so I may have to pull the trigger on this one.  This is technically in the cowboy boot family so it will feel narrow across the bridge, but will stretch with time.  Some people also don't like the looser feeling in the heel, but again, it's made for movement in a saddle.  Good thing Zappos has a free return policy.






No comments:

Post a Comment