Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017 Resolutions

I forgot...?:

I don't always do resolutions.  But this year I have two that I am going to strive really hard towards if you don't count my yearly resolution of reading 100 books.

The first is a joint one with Ava.  She is obsessed with the Laura Ingalls Wilder cookbook.  (Buy it, it's only $8 on Amazon.)  Apparently my love of the series has run into the next geneartion- I love it. So we decided to cook through the entire cookbook through 2017.  There may be a few exceptions, like blackbird pie, but if we can do it we will.

My second resolution is bigger and much, much harder.  My goal for 2017 is to not buy things made in China.  I have serious issues with China and their labor issues and lax in safety in a lot of their items, especially anything involved in kitchen items.  Check your local Target, almost all of them are made in China.... Chris doesn't think I can pull this off, and I admit it will be next to impossible, but I am willing to give it a go and do my best.  It will involve a lot of me remembering to look at labels and make sure that it doesn't come from China.  It will probably also involve me spending more for whatever item it is that I need/want.  An exception to this I am toying with is if I get something second hand.  It's not like it's a new item being generated in horrible circumstances, but I can't decide if I should make this exception or not.  You'd still have to weed out anything worrisome, like kitchen items, etc.  We'll see what I decide.

Here's to 2017, 2016 was good and hoping for a better 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment