Friday, November 20, 2015

6 Months In & How Its Going

Today officially marks 6 months at our new house and community.  Half a year.

Chris' work said "well, you made it to 6 months.  Typically if you can make it to 6-9  months, you retire here."  Which was both a weird statement, and a little bit frightening when you look at just what that means.

Overall, it's gone pretty well.  I miss my friends and church like crazy.  I have 2 girls that I am slowly getting to know, and would introduce them as friends, but they are still the type of friends that you don't tell all the juicy stuff to.  Because you just don't "know them well enough yet".

I've lost 5 pounds, gained 10 pounds and lost 5 lbs, which puts me right back where I started.

I've read 48 books.

I've locked myself several times in my closet with a glass of wine and Friends on Netflix.

I have not gone through depression, which is nice.  That's not to say that I haven't felt depressed, but it isn't something that has grabbed a hold of me and ruled my life.  That I am very thankful for.

We've started trying different churches again.  This part sucks.  We thought we'd be settled with this, and were for about 4 months.  Awesome pastors, but just not the right fit for us.

We've done some stuff in the house, with plans for more but it just takes time.

And we finally, finally got on a budget and are sticking to it, just in time for Christmas to come into the picture and blow it out the window.

So yes, we are still happy with our decision, grateful for our beautiful home and land, and reminding ourselves that the amazing community we had built up for the last 12 years takes time to build again.

We're getting there.




No comments:

Post a Comment