Friday, November 13, 2015

My Face is on Fire

It's that time of year where the weather changes to cold and my skin responds by turning to fire.  It burns and itches and just all around sucks.
23 Reasons You Should Just Hibernate For The Rest Of The Winter:
I don't actually watch this show.  I tried the books once and had to quit because of the violence and extreme sexuality.  I imagine the show is that much worse.

Anyway, dry skin- enter Vanicream.  It has been making my face feel much better although I still have to use it a couple times a day.


I like it because there is no dyes,  lanolin, masking fragrance, fragrance, parabens or formaldehyde. It is kind of expensive about $11 for a 1 lb. container.  But because it's a cream it is super thick so it doesn't take a whole lot.

At a doctor appt. recently my new doctor (a first year resident), asked about my skin and if it had changed due to weather at all yet.  This is the first time in my entire life I have ever had a doctor ask about that.  It was just one of those weird moments where you feel validated about the crappy weather and what it does to your skin.

Chris doesn't deal with these issues.  I guess it's reserved for those with sensitive skin.  Lucky me.


No comments:

Post a Comment