Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate, Four Seasons in Rome & Wanderlust

I was at Trader Joe's last week and came across Sipping Chocolate.


On the back it talked about it being a decadent European drink.  And I was totally onboard with that. Basically, it's dark chocolate that you put into a very small amount of milk.  It calls for 1/3 cup, but I do a little more than that, closer to 1/2.

Then I got to thinking if this was a real European thing, or fancy marketing.  I hopped on the internet and couldn't really find "sipping chocolate", although it didn't look like it was totally made up.  Fast forward a couple of days and I was reading this book:



It's about an American who moves to Italy for a year on a fellowship with his 6 month old twin boys and his wife.  

Anyway, I was literally sipping my sipping chocolate when I came across a passage in this book about how they stopped and ordered a tiny hot chocolate that was so thick it was magical.  Bam. Sipping chocolate right there in the book I was reading while drinking it.  How's that for coincidence?

Also, the book will give you severe wanderlust.  Like I had one of those moments where I again realized that I gave up moving to New Zealand to stay in the Midwest.  How dumb of me.  Okay, not really. We did make the right choice, but it's books like these (not to mention Midwest winters) that have me wistfully thinking about what could have been..

No comments:

Post a Comment