Wednesday, July 6, 2016

What I Buy From Trader Joe's

I love Trader Joe's.  I really just enjoy walking around the store and looking at everything drinking my free coffee sample in an impossibly tiny cup.

Truth is, I don't actually buy all that much there.  It's too out of my price point for a family of 7.  But here is what I do get.

1.  Flowers


By far my favorite, inexpensive place to buy flowers.  My favorite smell is Eucalyptus, and I can buy a bunch of them for $2.99.

2.  Tea Tree & Mint Shampoo and Conditioner


I love this shampoo and conditioner.  Tea tree is great for the scalp and helps fight dandruff and mint is refreshing and my signature herb.  I've spent a lot of time researching Kembia's 4c low-porosity hair and this conditioner is one that keeps popping up as good for her.

3.  Tunisian Olive Oil in Carafe



















I bought this solely for the bottle so I could keep olive oil on my cupboard in a pretty container!  We use olive oil almost exclusively and I was tired of lugging the big bottle out from under the counter.

4.  Orechiette Pasta


This is Truitt's favorite pasta because when cooked it looks like little top hats.  It's cheap too, $.99 for a pound.  We also like the orzo pasta.

5.  Midsummer's Nights Cream

Don't be fooled by the "summer" in the name.  This is definitely a winter cream, and must be seasonal because it wasn't on the shelf at my store this week.  My favorite face cream to get my sensitive facial skin through harsh winters.

If you google something like "what to buy at Trader Joe's" you can get lots of fun lists about what's good there.


1 comment:

  1. I purchased the same olive oil, and the wood top broke away from the cork when I tried to open it. Did you experience anything like that? I was hoping to have a nice, reusable container, but it seems like the wood knob was just glued to a cork.

    ReplyDelete