Friday, August 28, 2015

My Power Cord Caught Fire and Other Random Stuff

Chris and the kids came back from their crazy Canadian camping trip.  And just as we were going to look at the pics on the floor on my new IKEA rug, the power cord caught fire at the exposed wires. Oops.  It left a small burn mark, and we had to wait for 2 days for a new one to come in the mail.

Two days without the internet.  You try it.  (I am totally pathetic.)

LOL - how our lives have changed in the last decade. Some times we do need to switch off the internet and avoid distractions - my family included.

My fall allergies have kicked in and I want to claw my eyes out.  I am taking both Claritin and a second type at night because the one type just isn't working.  Ava has allergies, and I think Truitt as well.  Super fun.

We finally decided to do something with Chris' old 401K from his previous company, right as the stock market crashed 2000 points over the course of a week.  Timing is everything.

I bought this book from Amazon.  Because I love Greek food and this is like the holy bible of Greek cooking.  It weighs like 5 pounds and is several inches thick.


Super pretty too.  Which all cookbooks should be if they can help it.

And we decided to try and live without electricity this weekend like Laura Ingalls Wilder. Although we will still flush our toilets and keep our food in the fridge.  But it's raining right now, so all our wood is getting wet, and Chris is going fishing tomorrow for the entire day, which hardly seems fair if he doesn't get to live like it's the 19th century....We'll see.  Owen doesn't think we can cut it, but now I just want to prove him wrong.  Reading by candlelight sounds like so much fun.  Making a cup of coffee over a fire that is almost impossible to start because of the wet wood, not so much.





No comments:

Post a Comment