Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Read On

I love the blog Modern Mrs. Darcy.  I have definitely purchased more kindle books because of her recommendation, and because she posts deals every single day.  (I still prefer an actual book, though.)

Here is what I am reading right now.


1.  The Three Heavens by John Hagee
        It's an interesting look at the heavens.  Note the plural, the bible verses where multiple heavens come from, and the ongoing spiritual battle there is.

        I have a confession.  I've read several Arthur-themed books, but never the original.  I've even read the epic Mists of Avalon, which tells the story from Morgan le Fay's perspective, and from what I have gathered is not at all like the original.

And the reason for the reading of the actual Arthur book is this kindle book:


Pendragon's Heir.  In this story, Arthur and Guinivere have a daughter who is transported to modern times and then has to go back to Logres to save the kingdom.  The author also has a blog you can follow here- Vintage Novels

Not too many books right now, but my kindle is filled with about 6 or 7 I purchases for cheap off Amazon.  Plus I am trying to read anything that Ava is going to read for American Literature.  That is a big no to Catch 22 when she is only 12 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment