Wednesday, August 12, 2015

We Added a Rug and Broke the Rules

True story.  Our living room is so awkward I couldn't find a rug that would work at least not in my price range,  So I buckled and did what anyone on a budget would do.  I did the IKEA rug.



I know, I know I broke the rules.  This rug isn't big enough, it doesn't go under any of the furniture.  It kind of makes it look like you are looking down a tunnel to the window.  But I don't care.  I have an all white carpet that is quickly turning brown and I had to do something about it. And I love it.


The view from the kitchen.  I think the black and white graphics contribute a lot to our living room and make it feel a little bit more cohesive.

Here's a quick before and after:



What do you think?  I do like the simplicity of the first one a lot.  It looks rather restful.  But my kids will destroy it.  And then we'll have bigger issues!

1 comment: