Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Alice In Wonderland Turns 150

I love Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.



Ava just finished both for the first time.  She came upstairs and said that it was kind of crazy and not really a kids' book.  Good insight.

I think I will hold off telling her about how Lewis Carroll quite possibly might have been a pervert that was actually in love/obsessed with the real life Alice Liddell who was a child.

Somehow the books don't seem like they came from the 19th century.  In honor of 150 years, there are all sorts of Alice books out right now.  I want this one below.


So pretty.  Illustrator who did the Puffin in Bloom books.

Or this one, which is annotated.  I love annotated books but they take forever to read because you are constantly reading the notes about the text.


150th Anniversary version.

A couple of other pretty options:

  Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Other Stories (Barnes & Noble Collectible Editions)   Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass (Barnes & Noble Collectible Editions)
Both of these are at Barnes and Noble

And then I came across this book.



It's an Alice in Wonderland spin-off.  I didn't even know they had these for Alice in Wonderland.  I haven't read it yet, but the reviews are pretty good, so I may have to give it a whirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment