Monday, January 18, 2016

New...To Us

Ava and I went back to our hold hometown to visit some friends who also moved recently.  It was fun and sad all at the same time.  We decided to do a little thrift store shopping while we were there.


This is totally unidentifiable.  But it is a macrame plant holder that hangs from the ceiling.  It's tall. About 6 feet and holds two plants.  Right now it looks like nothing, but I am super excited.  I saw a smaller one at an antique store and they wanted $25 for it.  I paid $2 for this one.

The black and white vase in this picture I picked up for Target in their dollar area.  The vase was $3 and I love it.  I bought it not knowing where it would go so this is its spot for now.

See that pillow in the middle?  It's a watercolor peacock.  Also from the thrift store.  I think I paid $4.50 for it.  Love it.  But I also kept it in the trunk of the car for 24 hours when it was -9 below zero because I get nervous about bed bugs and things like that.  

Close up.  Who would get rid of this?

I haven't had too many chances to go thrifting in our new town.  We've been fairly busy and I just honestly don't know where the stores are.  I'd particularly like to find one with books but we'll see.



No comments:

Post a Comment