Friday, January 8, 2016

Recent Purchase and Updates

Probably I should come up with better blog post titles, but I just am not creative that way.

I was in Target the other day, my favorite store, as all of my kids will tell you.  And I saw these baskets.

Threshold™ Set of 3 Wall Décor Seagrass
I think they are a part of their new spring line.  They look much better in person, and were one of those things that I had to buy. I hung them up in our living room where previously I had one of the pieces of art Chris brought back from Congo.

Lately, I've been feeling like I need a bit more color in the house.  And these already match the map I have hanging so it was a perfect fit.  Now I am thinking this pillow.


But it's $25 for a plain pillow with colorful tassels, and I think I could DIY for way cheaper, assuming I have the time to make and tie all those tassels.

My skin has been super dry and painful and when I was in Trader Joe's the other day I saw there night cream so I snatched it up desperate for some relief for my poor face.

A Midsummer Night's Cream

And it has totally helped.  I've used it for about a week and before I had to put stuff on my face probably 4 times a day.  With this stuff it's been once, and maybe one in the evening.  So far loving it.

We're 8 days into 2016 and I have only read 1 book so far.  But, I read more than one book a time, so I am halfway through 3 other books.  To meet my goal of 100 per year, I need to read a book every 3.65 days.  But reading multiple at a time means I may not finish anything for a week, and then the next week finish 4, so it evens out over time.

Chris and I are also looking into a 15th anniversary trip this coming spring.  Buying the house, we don't have a lot of money, but I have an aunt who lives in Costa Rica so we're looking into that, and friends who live in Oregon, so those are the top two contenders right now.  I keep tossing Ireland back in the picture since unfortunately, that trip didn't happen.  Chris is less excited about that, and it's probably out of our budget.  We'll see.

That's what's new here, not particularly notable but still kind of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment