Thursday, January 14, 2016

Traveling

Basketball that is.

This made me laugh!! At least I know how most sports work, but I would totally wear this shirt to all sporting events. In fact, I'd go out of my way to attend sporting events just so I could wear this:
This shirt pretty much sums up my knowledge about basketball- nothing.

Our new community has a huge homeschool population.  About 1/3 of the students.  Then 1/3 are public school and 1/3 private.  There are competitive homeschool sports teams that play all the private schools and so we enrolled Ava in basketball to help her meet girls and experience sports.

We're on the road several times a week plus practices in the middle of the day.  It's kind of exhausting and not something we are used to.  But Ava loves and it and we do too.  I think it's helping to stave off seasonal affective disorder, or at the very least the middle of the winter twitchies.

And on another basketball related note.  I came across a book by Kareem Abdul Jabbar.  Remember him?



He writes books!  Specifically, I read one titled Mycroft Holmes.  (Yes, that would be Sherlock Holmes' brother)  And it was good!  Now I want to go back and reread the Sherlock Holmes stories.

Apparently I am easily influenced by what I read.




No comments:

Post a Comment