Monday, April 11, 2016

Moody Obsession: Alexander Nasmyth

It took awhile for me to track this guy down.  His artwork always makes me feel a little wild and stormy.  Here is his page at Art.com



Alexander Nasmyth He was a Scottish painter born in 1758.  His paintings were all of actual places, although a few of his sea paintings had buildings added that didn't currently exist. They were painted in so people could see what it would look life if they added it.  Kind of like the 18th century version of Printshop.

I've been wanting one of these for awhile now.  The only issue is that it doesn't quite fit with how I am currently decorating.  These might make a good addition to our bedroom which hasn't been improved upon since we first moved in 10 months ago and which I am kind of going for a more moodier vibe than the rest of the house.

I could see it in any one of these bedrooms.

Come to the dark side (via Bloglovin.com ):

the HUNTED INTERIOR: Live Edge Inspired Headboard Tutorial:

Farrow & Ball - Trending: Moody Colors as seen on decor8 http://decor8blog.com/2013/11/21/trending-moody-colors/:


No comments:

Post a Comment