Monday, May 2, 2016

Jess Reads April

This month I was way off my goal for reading.  If you remember, my goal for 2016 is to read 100 books and I have to average about 9 per month to make this happen.

What happened in April was we became insta-farmers.  We brought home 36 baby chickens and 2 baby sheep that we bottle feed.  Much less time for reading and much more time feeding chicks, building a ginormous coop and many other farm related things.

Most likely you'll see more homesteading posts in the future.  Now onto the books!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I finally finished up reading the Harry Potter series after 9 years.  I loved it as much this time around and even shed a few tears on the last book.  It makes me curious to see what the next "big series" will be and there have been several tossed around but nothing that even comes close.  I should revisit this series more often because I really do enjoy it.


Last month I read Pride and Prejudice, which inspired me to read and rank all the rest of the Jane Austen novels.  So I finished the rest of Austen in April: Emma, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion, Mansfield Park and Sense and Sensibility.

I definitely don't recommend taking a month and reading nothing but Austen.  As much as I love her it's a little overwhelming but I felt that I wanted to read the novels as quickly as possible to gauge accurately how I preferred them.

To see how I ranked the Austen novels you can go here to my blog post.  And that was the sum of my reading for April- five Jane Austen novels and 1 Harry Potter.

Looking forward to a more diverse May.

Jess Reads March
Jess Reads February
Jess Reads January
Jess Ranks Jane Austen



1 comment:

  1. Wow, 5 Austen books in one month is quite the accomplishment!!! I am impressed! I have been wanting to read a few more (only read P&P and Emma), so I will check out your link for your ratings!

    Here are my April reads: http://elle-alice.blogspot.com/2016/05/april-book-reviews.html

    ReplyDelete