Friday, May 20, 2016

The End Is Here- Finally!

Of school that is.  My kids finished today (the oldest two).  A week earlier than what I had planned, but we do a 40 week school vs. public school 36, and they are both well into the next grade anyway so I don't feel bad about ending now.  Plus, we were getting twitchy as we were winding down the year. Like do your math and then the rest, well we'll see if we get to it!  At this point I'm favoring the unschooling concept of "go outside and don't come back in until supper" and we'll call it science/gym!  I'm kidding, sort of.

Love it....going to change mine to this tomorrow.:

I should totally do this at my house next year.

The opportunity for our oldest two to spend time with their grandparents for a few weeks came up without me having to drive the 5 hours to drop them off.  You better believe I'm taking advantage of that!

Life will be a little strange with just Chris and me and the littles for a couple of weeks.  I'll actually use the time to focus on Moyz who just "started" kindergarten.  And Truitt and Kembia will keep moving through their reading programs.

It'll actually be good because now with Ava in upper math programs I've had to focus a lot more on her (do you remember Geometry?!) and it's harder to do school with the littles.  We keep their school basic- reading/phonics, math, handwriting, and a very easy intro. to grammar concepts.  They listen to Science when the other kids do it, and that's their schedule.

The littles love school so we'll probably do some of it during their summer break, although we probably won't break from reading.

Other than that, since summer is officially here for us, we'll be taking it fairly easy.  And I'm looking forward to it, May was busy enough for the next several months.



No comments:

Post a Comment