Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Ken Fulk- Pottery Barn

I love getting the magazines from places like Pottery Barn and Anthropologie.  Order from them once, get catalogs for life.

Enter Ken Fulk.  He's a designer who I have never heard of before, but like what he's done with Pottery Barn.  Here is a pic from which the September Pottery Barn catalog cover is taken from.

Image result for pottery barn Ken Fulk

One day I am going to own a sofa like that, I swear it.  The cover was cut down a lot so you don't see all that white wall space to the left.  I think two gold and black lamps are a little overdoing it, but I love the combo of the black, gold and leather.

Originally, I thought this house was going to be blue and oak.  But then I started decorating it and it is ending up black, white and oak, so this type of style definitely fits what I have going on.

Ava is so excited to decorate seasonally in this house.  Something we never did before in our previous house.  It was just too small and there weren't great places to put things that were just for prettiness.  She's particularly excited about those pillars that flank our living room.  She envisions all sorts of garland wrapped around them.  And the 5 of them have been talking about Christmas and Christmas trees since July.  It is so bizarre.

PS- It's September.  I consider it fall, so we've lived in our new house through an entire season.  So strange.  I still have moments where I can't believe we're here.  



No comments:

Post a Comment