Friday, March 18, 2016

Chemex

You may be wondering what in the world is a chemex?  And it would be the most gorgeous coffee device ever invented.  And I really want one.



It's a pour over coffee device, similar to a french press in that way, but you do use filters for the top. I've researched a Chemex compared to a French Press and the consensus is that the french press makes a better cup of coffee, with the chemex a close second.

Apparently, the chemex is a smoother cup because of the filter, but I actually like the sediment that comes with the french press.

The real reason I want a chemex isn't for the coffee.  I actually want it because I have a ton of counter space that is begging for gorgeous things on it, and with a chemistry minor, I tend to have an affinity for all glassware that looks interesting and useful.  I've even tracked down real chemistry beakers to get and display just for fun.  Total nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment