Friday, March 11, 2016

Tiny Houses??

You may have heard of the tiny house craze.

Little tiny houses that people live in.  There are even tiny house shows on tv!  A lot of them are around 300 square feet or smaller.



Most of them are on wheels, and the images always show them parked somewhere glorious in nature.



It does kind of look like a heavenly retreat.  But a full time home?  I'm rather doubtful.



Love the siding on this one, and the following two pictures are from this same home.







In theory, I love the tiny home idea.  Making an adorable house that you are very consciously choosing everything that can be used in more than one way.  I think this is a great counter to America's buy it all, have it all, excess-to-the fullest mentality.

In reality, I think it would be very, very hard to live there.  Especially if you have kids.

I kind of actually wonder what the divorce rate is for couples who live in extremely tiny houses like this.  Cause I might just freak out on Chris if this was our situation with our 5 kids!

I would totally put one of these on our property to have as a retreat for myself though!




No comments:

Post a Comment