Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Tears and Two Chairs

Okay.  Tears might be exaggerating.  A little.

The family went to Goodwill on Saturday afternoon about 2:30.  I always go to the books first, which happen to be just past the furniture.  Sitting on the end were two gorgeous wing-backed chairs.  Navy blue fabric, some small pattern, a little old fashioned but not too much.  Similar to this.



I noted them, thought they'd make amazing chairs for our library, or maybe a chair in my room, and then continued on to the books.  Where I should probably mention I didn't find even a single book, although I did contemplate some Reader's Digests for decorating, but didn't because I didn't find spine colors I liked...first world problems.


I would have done something like this.  Maybe in the future.

Anyway, we went home and I thought about the chairs all the rest of the evening.  So I decided on Sunday to go back after church and get them if they were still there, which I highly doubted.  And they weren't.  I was bummed but not really surprised, and then I noticed a small, slightly mauve colored chair sitting there.

























Now, I know the color isn't fantastic, but this chair is one I can easily slip cover, and when you put a pillow on top, it drastically improves it.  This chair is super comfy, and definitely more in line with my style.  And it was only $7.  I put it in my bedroom.

And then I saw some wood on a chair, so I had to investigate.  Totally ugly green cushion, but it could come off.  I can't believe this was still sitting there and for only $10.  Look at it!  It totally rocks.  I couldn't find any markings on who made it, but the cushion cover is real leather and not fake, so I am thinking it's probably not your average Target, but even if it was I don't care at all.  This chair is in my living room being admired by me every time I walk pass it.

 
I might still be a little bummed I missed out on the wingback chairs.  They really would have been gorgeous in the library, but it wasn't meant to be.  And next time, I will snatch those chairs up!



No comments:

Post a Comment