Friday, July 31, 2015

Current Kitchen- Super in Transition!

Caution, mostly amateur and terrible pictures ahead!  Some from my kindle which are super blurry, the rest from my camera with the sun at the height of the day and thus overexposed.  As bad as it all looks, it does look better in "real" life.

Here was the original kitchen from the previous homeowners.  Gotta love that border....

And then I ripped the fruit border off, and if you look carefully back by the sliding glass doors you can see under the windows where I ripped off the green wallpaper like on the right, only to discover they put the wallpaper on unfinished sheetrock. :(  Now we have to skim coat the walls to fix it...something we don't really know how to do.


We still haven't figured out how to get that tv platform thing off the wall in the upper right.  It's drying some herbs for me right now.

This is how it currently looks below.  I got desperate and painted the green wallpaper on the right.  You can see the difference in white shades.  The whole upstairs will be painted the white below the chair rail.  I decided to paint it because we still haven't fixed the other walls, and this paper is also adhered to unfinished sheetrock.  When we fix the other two walls I'll tear it off.  In the meantime I couldn't handle the green.  We also got new kitchen knobs which helps a lot, but not enough.  And we only got them on half the cupboards because it was too expensive to buy all of them at the same time.  Next month we'll finish that up.

So much orange my eyes are twitching!

Here's a shot where you can see straight on to the wallpaper.  From these pictures you can't tell at all, but in reality, the wallpaper is textured so it looks a little wonky and you can see the seams, but it is still loads better than the before.

Another view with the new knobs and the fruit border gone.  This shot also brings out that lovely green (please pick up my sarcasm here!) border around the countertops.  You can also see the wallpaper both below and above the chair rail in the mudroom.  And I kid you not, the upper border is scarecrows.  

One more before and after, although my after doesn't capture as much.


Here's the other side of the kitchen.  Original knobs, same on the island, gone next month thank goodness!  This side would be painted white as well.

My ultimate plans are to paint the bottom half of the cupboards black, the top white, although possibly have some open cupboards around the window, redo the countertops with Ardex cement finish- it's cheap and looks awesome.  And rip that ugly chair rail off the wall.  Plus new light fixtures for both kitchen areas.

All in good time.  But hopefully time that passes by really, really quick.

1 comment:

  1. WOW....What a change, looks awesome. I look forward to seeing the finished product!! :)

    ReplyDelete