Monday, July 27, 2015

New House- Kitchen

The kitchen.  So much oak.  And brass.  And weird, crazy green vinyl wallpaper.  All of the following pictures are from the previous homeowners.



Why yes, that is a cardtable in the kitchen dining space.  And also a box tv adhered to the wall.  And a fluorescent light above the island.  With a fruit wallpaper border just for fun.  Also, if you look closely, you can see that the countertop has a green border on the edge.  Someone actually picked that.  I guess that's 1997 for you.



A nice view from the sliding glass doors.  We have a formal dining room that you can kind of see in the way back of this shot.



Don't get me wrong.  I know this kitchen has a lot of potential.  And compared to our last kitchen, this one is amazingly awesome.  It just needs some slight updating.  Which normally isn't that big a deal, but there are 44 kitchen knobs here.  So just to replace them with modest dollar ones that I like will cost about $300.

And I kind of said I wouldn't paint cupboards again because it is so much work.  But I lied.  I can't handle the oak.  I don't mind it everywhere else because it's tempered with lots of white and space, but in the kitchen it is just full on too much.

I'll post the current kitchen later this week.  Slowly but surely!





No comments:

Post a Comment